Daifuku Eco-Products Certification Program
Crown SportsIn 2012, Daifuku began its Daifuku Eco-Products Certification Program to certify products based on environmental impact assessment ratings and a certification system using Daifuku’s own standards. Under the program, all products across the Group are measured under the same standards, with measurements coming from results of a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and environmental performance assessments on a number of areas, including power saving, recyclability, lightweight, long Life, packing material reduction, water conservation, noise reduction, water pollution prevention, and harmful substance reduction. As of May 2020, 62 products have met the standards and been certified as Daifuku Eco-Products.
To obtain a valid and trustworthy rating from multiple perspectives, the screenings are done by the Eco-Product Committee, comprised of directors or chief operating officers from different operations.
Certified Eco-Products (Year)
Manufacturing & Distribution
- Mini load AS/RS post and beam type wide truss rack (2019)
- Mini load AS/RS - H-P10 (2019)
- Mini load AS/RS - Smart Stocker Quattro (2018)
- Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (SRS-M Double Deep) (2018)
- High-speed transport vehicle - Sorting Transfer Vehicle (2017)
- High-throughput picking station - Quick Pick Station (2017)
- Stacker crane - R-series S/R machine (2015, 2016)
- AS/RS - Seismic damper unit for rack (2016)
- Bolt-up Rack (2015)
- Mini load AS/RS - Shuttle Rack (2013, 2014)
- AS/RS for long objects (2014)
- Transport system - Motor Roller Conveyor (2013)
- Mini load AS/RS, R-F/N (2012)
- Cleanroom storage system - CLS-50ⅡECO (2019)
- 10.5G FPD cassette transporting system (2018)
- Green HID Inductive Wire 500 m (2017)
- Cleanroom Equipment - Mechanical Centering System (2016)
- Overhead monorail system - Clean Space Carrier (2013, 2015)
- Transport system - Cleanway (2014)
- Cleanroom transport/storage system - MMHS (MMHS: Matrix Material Handling System (2013)
- AS/RS - Clean Stocker (2012)
- Standard controller for the Flexible Drive System - FDC (2019)
- Tablet control panel for automotive production lines (2018)
- Skillet conveyor with lifting device - Scissor lift (2017)
- Chainless conveyor System - Flexible Drive System (2016)
- Temporary storage and sortation system - SPDR (2015)
- Pallet-type conveyor system - Flexible Drive System (2014)
- Power assisting system - ECO POWER ASSIST (2013)
- Environmentally friendly paint system - E-DIP (2012)
Crown SportsCar wash machines and related products
- Gate-type car washing machine - Fabrica NEO (2019)
- Gate-type car washing machine - Avante NEO (2019)
- Space-saving gate-type car wash machine - Zechs (2018)
- Continuous-operation car wash machine - Magic Thru (2017)
- Large-vehicle car wash machine - Camion Custom (2017)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinfect Feat (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine – Twinthru Luke (2016)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Fabrica (2015)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Avante (2015)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Flare (2014)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Grossa (2014)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinfect Force (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Twinthru Arteno (2013)
- Gate-type car wash machine - Euros (2013)
- Drive-through car wash machine - Granada (2012)
- Gate-type car wash machine - GSPECT (2012)
Electronic products (Contec Co., Ltd)
- Insulated analog input unit (Model: AI-1608VIN-USB) (2019)
- Panel computer (Model: PT-970W10WA) (2019)
- Box computer (Model: BX-T1000) (2018)
- High-speed GPIB communication micro converter (Model: GPIB-FL2-USB) (2018)
- Factory automation computer (Model: VPC-700) (2018)
- M2M Controller CONPROSYS nano (2017)
- RS-232C communication unit (2017)
- FLEXLAN Series 8 port 10/100M Unmanaged Industrial Switching HUB (2016)
- SolarView Battery (Solar power generation data measurement and display device, SolarView Battery) (2016)
- CONPROSYS Series | Ether CAT Slave Module (2016)
- BOX-PC (2015)
- M2M Controller (2015)
- Solar power measurement display system - SolarView Compact (2014)
Certified Eco-Products (2019)
Mini load AS/RS post and beam type wide truss rack
Crown SportsThe mini load AS/RS post and beam type wide truss rack is suitable for holding containers. Compared to arm-type racks, the number of trusses has been reduced to about one fifth, greatly improving workability. Also, reducing the number of parts by about 70% and making them more lightweight has contributed to a reduction in environmental impact during production.
Mini load AS/RS - H-P10
The H-P10 model is a high-performance mini load AS/RS for multi-tenant storage. Using special transfer devices enables loads to be stored and retrieved simultaneously, thereby decreasing overall transfer time. Further, changing the frame structure from two masts to one has greatly reduced weight. Additionally, power consumption has been reduced by 27% compared to conventional models.
Cleanroom storage system - CLS-50ⅡECO
Crown SportsCLS-50ⅡECO is an AS/RS that stores hoops containing semiconductor wafers. By adding a charging function to the conventional S/R machine, the regenerative power generated during deceleration and descent can be stored and used during acceleration and ascent, decreasing power consumption by 10%.
Standard controller for the Flexible Drive System - FDC
Daifuku updated the controllers used on the Flexible Drive System. In addition to its original functions, a review of the model’s structure resulted in the optimizing of the drive system, reduced wiring, and reduced size and weight. Power consumption was also reduced by 11%, parts count by 47% and product weight by 43%. In addition, use of non-contact parts to extend its service life is increasing.
Gate-type car washing machine - Fabrica NEO
Crown SportsA minor change, the Prost Coat―a new type of coating―is now available with the Fabrica NEO. The application of the industry’s only inclined and split side-brushes makes it possible to clean under the rear spoiler. In addition, the Fabrica NEO also boasts other systems for washing the lower and under sections of vehicles, including the industry's first wheel cleaning that uses high-pressure water and a brush, and optimal cleaning of the undercarriage according to the vehicle length. In terms of environmental friendliness, the Fabrica NEO has significantly better corrosion and weather resistance by using highly corrosion-resistant galvanized steel sheets for the frame. The system consumes less water, and environmentally safe liquids are used as standard.
Gate-type car washing machine - Avante NEO
A minor change, the Prost Coat―a new type of coating―is now available with the Avante NEO. This uses newly developed brushes for more intensive cleaning, and drying performance has also been improved. The range of functions and options available has also been expanded. In terms of environmental friendliness, the Avante NEO ensures significantly better corrosion and weather resistance by using highly corrosion-resistant galvanized steel sheets for the frame. The system consumes less water, and environmentally safe liquids are used as standard.
Insulated analog input unit (Model: AI-1608VIN-USB)
Crown SportsThis is a USB 2.0 compatible unit with expanded capabilities for analog signal input from PC USB ports. Along with increasing the number of I/O points compared to conventional units, adjustments made to the parts and circuit configuration reduced power consumption by 21%. In addition, a 14% reduction of packing material weight contributes to resource conservation.
Panel computer (Model: PT-970W10WA)
An LCD integrated panel computer equipped with a 10.1-inch (WXGA 1280×800) touch panel display. By carefully selecting the installed interface and limiting it to the minimum required features such as 1000 BASE-T, USB 2.0 and audio, power consumption was reduced by 46%, weight by 81%, and the number of parts by 59%.
Life Cycle Assessment
Crown SportsFrom 2015, we have incorporated the life cycle assessment (LCA) as a analysis tool for desigining eco-friendly products. By comparing old and new products, we are able to further enhance our eco-friendly product designs.
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack
Specifications of a standard representational model:
Results of LCA conducted on the New Goodrack, a heavy load storage rack Width (W): 2,500mm Depth (L): 1,100mm Height (H): 5,000mm Number of levels: 3 beam levels (maximum load: 2,000 kg/level） Connection: 10 spans
1. LCA computation scope
2. Impact assessment
Crown SportsWe assessed the impact of six environmental issues according to product life cycle stages. We also compared the environmental impact of new and previous products.
Summary of impact assessment by product life-cycle stage
- Material manufacturing stage contribution exceeded 80% for global warming, ecotoxicity (terrestrial) and urban air pollution.
- Assembly stage largely contributed (around 60%) to waste disposal site exhaustion and water resource consumption.
- Within the computation conditions no clear impact was noticed towards ozone depletion.
- Transportation stage and disposal stage impact were minimal across all listed environmental issues.
Comparison with previous product (Global warming)
- Environmental impact reduction rate for new products was 7.4%.
- Decreasing the weight of trusses and beams was the main contribution to the reduction of environmental impact.
CO2 Reduction Contribution
Daifuku strives to decrease its carbon footprint by providing eco-friendly products and services.
The contribution towards reduced CO2 from our products and services is calculated by taking the amount of CO2 released and subtracting it from the amount released during fiscal 2005, which acts as the base year.
eFA Global Operations, which accounts for about 70% of the overall group CO2 reduction target, saw a reduction in the ratio of energy-saving products compared to 2005. As a result, we have only achieved 63,326 tons of the 69,000-ton CO2 FY2018 target. While sharing countermeasures with the Eco-Product Committee, Daifuku will focus on developing and introducing energy-saving technology for all of its provided product systems with the goal of minimizing CO2 emissions in production and logistics processes at customer sites.